Tracking the online behavior of 500 million global shoppers, the Q2 2017 shopping index released by Salesforce Commerce Cloud spotlights the various ways digital commerce is continuing to grow.
From shopper spend to mobile site traffic and social traffic, the report shows increases across the board during Q2 2017. Specifically:
- digital commerce was up 14 percent year over year,
- retail website traffic was up 6 percent
- online shopper spend was up 8 percent.
- mobile traffic share for digital commerce saw a 23 percent year-over-year increase in Q2 2017, rising to 57 percent
- social traffic share grew 42 percent year over year and drives 6% of mobile traffic
- 59% of consumers reported using their phones while shopping in a physical store
Among the shopping verticals tracked by Salesforce, active apparel saw the biggest increase — nearly double the overall growth. The only vertical that saw a drop was luxury apparel.
Q2 2017 Digital Commerce Analysis Methodology
- 716 Digital Commerce Sites
- 35 Countries Represented
- 500 Million Shoppers
- 2 Billion Visits